Gary and I went downtown (San Diego) to the Casbah to see NUFAN. We didn't know what to expect since we had never been there before. It's right near the airport, and I'll admit, I was a little scared walking there with all the landing planes flying right over my head. The place was a dive but a great venue for shows since it is small and you can get close to the band. They were selling 24 oz Pabst Blue Ribbon in a can for $2.50. Crazy! I realized I was getting old when I had to put ripped napkin in my ears to muffle the noise. I still walked away at the end of the night with ringing ears, but it was worth it. We placed ourselves at the side of the stage, which happened to be right were the bands came in. Two bands performed before NUFAN. When they were getting ready to go on stage, the members were standing right near me, so I asked Tony, the lead singer, if he would take a pic with me. Here's what I got.

Can you tell he had a little liquid energy? I think it's been 8 years since I last saw these guys. They were still just as entertaining and played some of my older favorite songs. From where I was standing, I could see their set list. It was neat to see what songs were coming up. Eventually they broke away from the list and played about 4 more songs than they had planned to. Here's our view of them on stage:

Too bad the pictures aren't that clear. I forgot my camera, so we used Gary's cell phone.
Well, that's the end of concerts for awhile. It's weird how all my favorite performers were playing around the same time.
No comments:
Post a Comment